Advanced Course into Myofunctional Orthodontics
This MRC advanced course will allow practitioners to refine their skills and learn how to effectively troubleshoot difficult cases. This seminar is best suited for attendees who are already using MRC treatment systems and would like to develop their knowledge further, allowing them to take their patient care to the next level.
During the two-day seminar you will learn:
- The Myobrace® System: review of appliance protocol;
- The Myosa®, TMJBDS®, Myotalea® and the K0 appliances;
- How to use the The Myobrace® System for consistent and optimal results;
- How to use the Myofunctional Orthodontic Evaluation (MOE) form;
- Case studies of various ages and malocclusions;
- The Myobrace® Consultation app for parent/patient education;
- Arch expansion techniques: when to use The Farrell Bent Wire System™ (BWS), Biobloc Stage 1 (BB1) and Myolay™;
- Customer and member support programs;
- Diagnosis and treatment planning workshop;
- Treatment planning advice (bring electronic patient records);
- How to write a treatment plan and yearly reviews;
- How to use the ME Check form;
- Patient flow and the importance of the Myobrace® educator;
The Myobrace® Activities: breathing, tongue, swallowing, lip and cheek exercises.
Dr Barry Raphael
Dr Raphael is an orthodontist and founder of the Raphael Center for Integrative Orthodontics in Clifton, New Jersey. His focus on 'big picture' orthodontics started with his introduction to Chris Farrell and The Myobrace® System in 2008. Now, Dr. Raphael offers a wide range of integrative techniques designed to help children grow in the best possible way and to help adults find wellness, not just symptomatic relief. He teaches these concepts at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, at the Raphael Center for Integrative Education, nationally and internationally. Dr Raphael is working closely with the American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) to move the practice of dentistry forward in the 21st century.
Dr Ben Miraglia
Dr Ben Miraglia, a graduate of SUNY at the Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, Buffalo, New York, is a member of the ADA, AGD, NYSAGD, and the Ninth District Dental Society. He has been in private practice for 21 years, and currently maintains a family practice in Mount Kisco, NY, at Browne Goetz & Miraglia, with a focus on full-mouth restorative dentistry.