Introductory Myobrace® Educator CourseSat, September 23 2023 - Sat, September 23 2023
Gold Coast, Australia
Introductory Myobrace® Educator Course
This one-day course is open to dental assistants, dental hygienists, oral health therapists, dentists, orthodontists, speech therapists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, ENTs and sleep physicians and is an exciting opportunity to learn from the world's pre-eminent experts in the field and gain an insight into the only myofunctional system that has been successfully integrated into dental, orthodontic, TMJ Disorder (TMD) and sleep practices in over 100 countries worldwide.
- History of myofunctional therapy and traditional myofunctional techniques;
- Functional anatomy and physiology, related to breathing and orofacial musculature;
- Myobrace® Activities workshop and troubleshooting;
- How to conduct a proper consultation and evaluation of myofunctional disorders;
- Case studies;
- Habit elimination (e.g. thumb sucking);
- Latest research and exercises related to Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB) and sleep apnoea;
- How to conduct a Myobrace® Educator (ME) Check, a myofunctional evaluation form completed at each appointment to accurately quantify improvement, thereby determining progression of treatment;
- How to conduct an activity support session and a special myofunctional troubleshooting appointment if treatment is not progressing as expected.
Dr Chris Farrell
Dr Chris Farrell graduated from Sydney University in 1971 having gained a comprehensive knowledge of traditional orthodontics using the BEGG technique. Through clinical experience, Dr Farrell took an interest in TMJ/TMD disorder and, following further research, he discovered the aetiology of malocclusion and TMJ disorder was myofunctional, contradicting the established views of his profession. Dr Farrell founded Myofunctional Research Co. (MRC) in 1989 to develop myofunctional appliances that would prove effective in early orthodontic treatment. His Trainer and Myobrace® appliance systems are now used by orthodontists and dentists in more than 100 countries around the world.
Senior Myobrace Educator
Jessica Maidman is the senior educator for Myobrace®, offering support, education and training to Myobrace® members and assisting practitioners to implement The Myobrace® System. Jessica is also apart of the MRC lecturing team and is passionate about sharing the Myobrace® treatment philosophy.