Myobrace® Educator CertificationThu, December 14 2023 - Sat, December 16 2023
Myobrace® Educator Certification
Completion of this course will result in qualification as a Myobrace® Certified Educator. The course is open to dental assistants, dental hygienists, oral health therapists, dentists, orthodontists, speech therapists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, ENTs and sleep physicians.
This course will include the basics in anatomy and physiology of the orofacial musculature. This is an exciting opportunity to learn from the world's pre-eminent experts in the field and gain an insight into the only myofunctional system that has been successfully integrated into dental, orthodontic, TMJ Disorder (TMD) and sleep practices in over 100 countries worldwide.
- History of myofunctional therapy and traditional myofunctional techniques;
- Functional anatomy and physiology, related to breathing and orofacial musculature;
- Myobrace® Activities intensive workshop and troubleshooting;
- How to conduct a proper consultation and evaluation of myofunctional disorders;
- Case studies;
- Habit elimination (e.g. thumb sucking);
- Latest research and exercises related to Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB) and sleep apnoea;
- How to conduct a Myobrace® Educator (ME) Check, a myofunctional evaluation form completed at each appointment to accurately quantify improvement, thereby determining progression of treatment;
- How to conduct an activity support session and a special myofunctional troubleshooting appointment if treatment is not progressing as expected.
Dr Ana Lorena Gómez
Dr Ana Lorena Gómez has practiced general dentistry for 27 years. Her practice was exclusively orthodontics for 17 years, however, she incorporated The Myobrace® System as a regular treatment for her patients in 2009. This resulted in an increase in the number of patients treated and better results in stability of cases and facial harmony. Dr Gómez shares her experience of how she changed the way of doing the initial diagnoses, incorporating myofunctional evaluations and, in doing so, was able to address the problem of bad function earlier and as part of an integral preventive orthodontic treatment, changing the way the delivery of care was given.
Kelly De Miro
RDH, BS, OMT, IBCLC
Ms Kelly Baker began her career as a chairside dental assistant in high school and went on to become a registered dental hygienist. She furthered her education in the dental field by learning more about clinical applications of techniques and obtaining her local anaesthesia permit in 2008. She attended an IAOM course to become a myofunctional therapist in October of that same year. After spending 22 years practicing as a RDH and OMT, she took up a role as the lead US educator with MRC where she has been able to express her passion of belief in myofunctional therapy.
Dr Paulo Soares
Dr Paulo Soares graduated from the Federal University of Sergipe, Brazil. He specialized in orthodontics and facial orthopedics. In 2012, Dr Paulo became the first Myobrace® Certified Provider in Brazil and has since trained hundreds of dentists in myofunctional orthodontics in his private practice. He always tries to intervene and prevent malocclusion and craniofacial dystrophies from the earliest time possible by treating soft tissue dysfunction and airway issues.